New BOSS Katana MKII! Everything You Need To Know…
‘The Award-Winning Katana. Now Upgraded’
Featuring the same core sound and feel as the original (MKI) version – BOSS wanted to keep the same award-winning formula and add in more customer-requested features.
So What’s New with the Boss Katana MK2 Amplifiers?
Boss Katana 100 MK2 Overview:
Classic Guitarist Tones on Boss Katana MK2 Amplifiers:
How To Access New Effects On The Boss Katana 100 MK2:
New Feature Summary:
VARIATION BUTTON – Adds five new amp sounds on top of the original five Katana MKI sounds – These continue to model classic valve amps.
NEW DUAL EFFECTS POTS – New dual control knobs allow for individual control of each effect type. On/Off buttons for each effect
TOTAL EFFECTS ON BOARD IS NOW 65. New effects in Poly-Octave and
Pedal Bend (whammy) – Some effects have been upgraded to suit the new power of MKII.
POWER AMP IN – All models feature a dedicated power amp in
(which is different from FX Loop Return) that allows a user to use a High-end Multi-Effects – directly into the Class A/B Power Amp and Speaker
STEREO EXPAND – (100-watt models only) – Totally new feature that
allows you to direct link two KTN 100’s together to run a “true stereo”
Katana rig. One becomes the master that slaves the other unit. Allowing for
full control over two units from one master footswitch (GA-FC) Effects like
Delay and Reverb can also now be run in full stereo.
NEW EDITOR – Brand New editor to allow you to control all the new features and effects.
FULL PEDAL BOARD CONTROL – Full control over the Amp using the dedicated. GA-Fc Foot controller (100-watt models only)
- Stage-ready XXX-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic for acoustic-electric guitars
- Variation switch for newly crafted additional five amp characters
- Five independent effects sections fully customizable from over 60 BOSS effects (in total, 61→65)
- Upgraded effects (Flanger 117E, Phaser95E, Spring Reverb, and etc ), newly added stereo/pan delay and heavy poly octave
- Newly added pedal FX section to operate foot volume, wah, and smooth pedal bend
- Power Amp In feature to use with external devices with GT-1000 of other multi Effects
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Stereo Expand feature to link two Katana amps for wide spatial tone (100-watt models only)
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Three Cabinet Resonance types per Tone Settings for fine-tuning the tone and feel
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with customizable tone via three Air Feel settings
- Channel and global graphic / parametric EQs for refined sound shaping
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Compatible for importing user patches created by the previous generation (KTN MkI)
- Assign favourite effects parameters to the front-panel effects knobs
- Control assignable effects parameters from up to three expression pedals (connected via the rear panel and/or GA-FC foot controller)
- Record with stereo mod, EQ, delay, and reverb effects in a DAW via USB